Sunday, March 25, 2007

Imagine, by John Lennon

Yesterday, I met a new friend from Taiwan through a friend from China. The three of us, bonded by the common Chinese heritage, shared our opinions about the lives on both sides of the Taiwan Strait.

Wars and political ideals divided our three homelands. I couldn't help but to remember an old tune from John Lennon. Though it was written before I was born, I was immediately drawn to the lyrics the first time I heard it. Certainly, as a Christian, I cannot agree with the lyrics in its entirety. However, the idea of equality for mankind, world peace, and unity are simply irresistable in all ages.

Globalization has made national boundaries more and more blurry. Trade blocs have joined nations across borders. One day, citizenship will be virtual which people will be free to and often move from one country to another. The world will become one village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEOkxRLzBf0

No comments: